|Brain Cancer Patient, Wife & Mother
In Loving Memory of AnnaMarie Taylor - mother - daughter - wife
January 02, 1963
January 12, 2008
We (3 of her friends) struggled with how to help. This website is intended to keep all of Anna's family,
friends and loved ones of others fighting the same cancer, informed as she moves through her FIGHT.
(as told by 3 of her friends)
To Our Friend Anna -
We just don't know how
else to help.
We can't make it go
|Anna & Scott December 2005
January 11, 2008 - Anna was transported via ambulance and in her own home by 4pm today - 24 hr
hospice care is being provided at the home.
January 7, 2008 - During the night, meds changed to continuous delivery drip (Hydromorphone .5mg/mL
rate=1mg/hr) & (Lorazepam 1mg/mL rate=.5mg/hr) This eliminated need for nurse to come into room and
administer every 2 hrs
January 5, 2008 - Anna spent the day speaking in complete sentences and offering hugs to us!
January 4, 2008 - The family is praying for Anna's angels to bring her to peace soon - she will stay at Rush-
January 3, 2008 - Stopped IV fluids - continue Dilaudid for pain every 2 hrs and Ativan / Lorazepam for
restlessness every 4 hrs - hospital bed delivered to home late tonight. She will go home tomorrow if
stable enough for transport.
January 2, 2008 - Happy 45th birthday Anna!
- Anna still in hospital Rush-Copley Cancer Care Center (day 3)
- Scheduled chemotherapy treatment cycle 3 / day 8 - cancelled
- All indications are that the chemo is not helping and oncologist has frank discussion with the family
- mri test administered late afternoon
- Dilaudid for pain every 4 hours for the cancer pain
- Fluids being pushed via IV
- Decadron pill crushed into spoonful of applesauce
- No food / fluid intake by mouth for 3 days